journal (Sun Jun 07 2020)
Today I learnt
- Open source platform for creating serverless infrastructure https://openwhisk.apache.org/
- Calculate expenses across companies for serverless - http://serverlesscalc.com/
- https://www.serverless.com/ - The name says it all
- Implement authentication in serverless applications - https://www.serverless.com/blog/strategies-implementing-user-authentication-serverless-applications/
- Hugo - a static site generator just like gatsby. Fully opensource.
- https://www.openfaas.com/ - Open source, is being used at digital ocean. I am still not sure how to make sense of all these things out there.
- Fission - a framework for serverless functions on Kubernetes.
- Kubeless - another framework for serverless functions on Kubernetes.
- Faunadb - Database built for serverless.
- Jets - Ruby now has its own serverless framework as well.
- The PLONK stack for serverless.
- Serverless globe - An article on csstricks by Sarah Drasner.
Chris Coyier's great talk on serverless. Has information about a bunch of websites.
- Played around with sketch today. Made a few interesting SVG patterns using the looper plugin.
- Found this interesting plugin to count the number of selected layers.
- react-player - Play videos from all kinds of platforms
- react-youtube - Youtube only player for React
- react-syntax-highlighter - Render code snippets in JSX
- Reading part 2 of the series.
feMergemerges many filter primitives.
- Filters dont have to be defined inside defs within the svg.
- Filters defined inside an svg can be used by any markup on the page.
- operator dilate - thickens stuff, operator erode thins stuff.
- operator=in: when
inis displayed in the intersected area.
- operator=out: when
in2intersect, the intersected area is subtracted.
Some interesting fonts for retro styles - november, green-fuz, dpcomic