journal (Wed Jul 08 2020)
Today I learnt
- A measure - the length of the bar.
- Flag - The curve beside the note. You can see them on quarter notes.
- Beam - More beams means faster.
- Dot - Makes the note longer by 1.5 times.
- Whole note - Length - 4 beats. Hollow - takes up the whole bar. Upto 1 in the bar
- Half note - Length - 2 beats. Hollow - Upto 2 in the bar.
- Eight note - Length - Half beat - Connected by 1 beam.
- Sixteenth note - Length - Quarter of a beat. Connected by 2 beams. Counting - 1 e and a, 2 e and a.
- Time signatures - The top number tells you how many beats in the measure. - The botton number tells you what kind of beat.
- Tied note - the curve above the notes. Connects notes accross a measure so - you don't replay them.
- VX - A React+D3 library from airbnb
- semiotic - Another d3 + react library for quick prototyping.
- For any bl.ocks, just replace it with blockbuilder and you can edit the code.
- Just realized you can do
- Learnt about Krita - an open source design tool that competes with Illustrator.
- Watching a terrific 6 hour long documentary on the Great depression of 1929.
- Another 40 minute documentary about the 1929 depression.